Monday, May 30, 2011

Love Knows No Distance

Where to begin... It was my junior year of highschool that I met the person who lit up my life. My brother and I have always been close and all throughout highschool we had the same friends and did just about everything together. I was always one of the boys and they were all my big brothers. But one day, a new one of my brothers friends walked into our lives and changed it forever. The first time I saw him, I knew he was different from every dirtbag guy I'd met through highschool. He wasn't obnoxious as the rest of the boys, and quiet, almost shy. But when he spoke everyone listened. I could tell people respected him, even my brother. And for the first time, I could see in his smile that he didnt just see me as his best friends little sister like the rest of the guys. But months went by before I saw him again and I almost forgot about the cute guy my brother talked cars with... Almost :) the next time I saw him, he was telling my brother he had decided to enlist in the Air Force. When he left my house that day, I couldnt help but notice the way he smiled at me when he said goodbye. I couldnt explain it to anyone but I had a feeling things between us were just getting started. One weekend in February, a bunch of our friends were getting together at the local bowling alley for drinks, some late night bowling and to have one last night of crazy fun before David left for bootcamp. Somewhere between the drinks, dark lighting and loud music, we found ourselves next to eachother the entire night. He pulled me onto his lap and I had never been so filled with butterflies EVER. We laughed and it was the perfect night... We never forgot it. The next day, he stopped by our house before he left for camp. Before we said goodbye, he gave me the best hug I ever got, and then he was gone. I felt so depressed and alone I never knew why.. I thought it was just a crush. Until I got a letter two weeks later from texas, and when I opened it and felt elated - better than happy. I knew after reading "I miss you, you better write back!" there was no way he was just a crush. 7 months of letters and a few calls later... He came back to me:) and the rest is history♥ Since that day in february two and a half years ago, we've been inseperable. He's always said he wish he'd met me sooner so he would have never enlisted and never had to leave. But I don't regret it - I think it made us as strong as we are today, and I'll always support him no matter what. We've been through one deployment, 9 months without holding eachother, and endless hours of missing our bestfriend. But we'll only get stronger. In one month, I'll be moving to Minot AFB, North Dakota for good! And we'll never have to be apart again.. Oh, well until another deployment;) But whats a few months when you have a lifetime of happiness to look forward to, right? Everyday I'm thankful... I mean how lucky am I to find my best friend and love all in one? ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment